dnata is one of the most recognised ground services companies in the world! Having won an abundance of awards both nationally and internationally, we are on the look out for our next National Fleet & Facilities Manager.
Overall Purpose of the Position:
The National Fleet & Facilities Manager will be responsible for coordinating and controlling the airport Ground Equipment & Facilities, guaranteeing compliance with company standards and contractual agreements. The successful candidate will ensure the service, maintenance and preventative programs operate at a minimal cost and coordinate the optimal use of all equipment and facilities.
This role will provide support to three key stakeholders; General Manager, Cabin Services Australia, General Manager, Cargo & General Manager, Ground Handling.
The job function will ensure the administration of quality assurance and inspection program to determine suitability and compliance with specifications for all equipment and both dnata and CSA buildings, nationally.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure the the required company audit requirements are always undertaken to ensure continuity and compliance
- Provide advice and troubleshooting support in relation to any ground equipment while in service or while undergoing overhaul and/or modifications
- Certify for quality of workmanship, including signing mechanical releases on field work where required.
- Lead requirements review process in conjunction with local operational stakeholders on GSE requirement planning, ordering, receiving, inventory, storage and disburse parts and supplies to relevant dnata and supplier facilities.
- Implement, maintain and provide recommendations for continuous improvements to global and local policies and procedures associated with the fleet and facility category
- Complete paperwork associated with work assignments according to established procedures
- Responsible for maintaining facility renewal program. Including property repairs and improvement programs
- Act as the point of contact between the group and suppliers, including reviewing and commenting on commercial and operational aspects of relevant supplier agreements
- Establishing and maintaining productive working relationships with internal and external stakeholders and budget owners - leveraging these to identify cost saving initiatives and opportunities with procurement involvement
- Establishing and maintaining productive working relationships with internal stakeholders and budget owners and leveraging these to identify cost saving initiatives and opportunities with procurement involvement
- Be available to travel to our locations across Australia.
- Comply with the dnata WH&S Policy and related Group Policies
- Comply with legislative WH&S requirements
- Develop and maintain a positive safety culture, focused on awareness & vigilance
- Conduct work in accordance with dnata's WH&S Management System and customer WH&S requirements
- Follow all safety work procedures, adhering to all safety guidelines provided
- Attend WH&S induction and training as directed by the business
- When applicable, wear the required personal protective clothing and equipment
- Extensive Leadership experience and commitment to driving excellence
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills well suited to building business relationships with existing and potential customers and managing all internal as well as external stakeholders at all levels;
- Demonstrated record of achievement in building and fostering relationships with key customers and stakeholders
- Demonstrated business acumen including, financial and budget management and a need for analytical skills and experience in driving cultural change and continuous business improvement to meet and exceed customer and business expectations and targets;
- Minimum of 2 years management of ground equipment maintenance/mechanical experience
- Must be able to maximise fleet utilisation and ensure maximum productivity
- Extensive management and/or support service experience in a ground equipment environment
- Ability to deal with problems resourcefully
- Possess/maintain a valid driver’s license and other Airport required identification/authorisations.
- Be available to work a variety of schedules including weekends if required
- Technical background (mechanical, hydraulic, electrical)
- Basic computer skills in Microsoft office
- Previous experience in or knowledge of airline industry principles and ideally with cargo experience but not essential;
- Previous extensive experience in a highly controlled and regulated industry with the ability to lead, translate, implement and manage ongoing compliance, industry standards and legislative requirements, a passion for safety and security is essential
- Ability to operate at all levels and get into detail one minute and move to a more strategic level the next. Being able to "get your hands dirty" is imperative to your success in this role.
- Engaging and building the trust of customers and other key stakeholders with a strong desire to delight customers and delivering service excellence whilst balancing the challenges of being performance driven.
- A valid HR licence
So... does this sound like you? If so, Apply Now!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, which values diversity and inclusion.
We support applicants from all backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, people with disabilities, people from culturally diverse backgrounds and all ages. We also have a solid focus on gender balance within the organisation and encourage women to apply.