A specialist, functional head of role which is a key member of the dnata APAC management team being responsible to design, lead and deliver a comprehensive region wide strategy for our Ground Service Equipment ‘GSE’ fleet, whilst maintaining alignment with our dnata values (focus: safe and secure) and sustainability targets.
Primarily accountable to achieve our vision ‘to be the worlds most admired air services provider’ whilst delivering to the shareholder and colleague commitments through a financially sustainable business.
To conduct a root and branch review of all GSE assets (quality, availability and fleet size), leasing contracts, maintenance programs, purchasing/control processes, management systems before making strategic recommendations for the framework, governance, controls, systems and processes that will enable a region wide, standardised and controlled GSE ownership and management program.
Responsible for ensuring compliant and appropriate training, coaching, and accountability for all business unit GSE managers and team members with the objective to optimise the regional fleet as the market leader whilst ensuring all operations comply with our long-term goals and vision.
To deliver leadership with conviction and speed during irregular operations / business disruption, anticipating best/worse case outcomes and steering the business accordingly.
JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES LINKED TO OBJECTIVE AREAS
- Ensure safe and secure operations in all aspects
- Delivery of APAC profit and cash to group targets; linked to GSE fleet budget and targets
- Ensure all relevant policies, governance and legal guidelines are communicated to and understood by all relevant stakeholders, ensuring full compliance and protecting shareholder / brand value
- Build long term, sustainable, trust-based relationships with customers, authorities, business partners, suppliers and relevant stakeholders
- To deliver dnata as the employer of choice within each local market
- Coaching, mentoring and development of dnata APAC GSE and maintenance teams, including performance management, talent management and succession planning
- Delegate responsibilities to, empower and hold accountable the work of direct reports providing guidance and motivation to drive maximum performance
- Develop and implement procurement processes and controls to improve purchasing power, compliance and asset standardisation, including delivering the business strategic goal of a singular regional GSE fleet procurement standard/process
- Deliver real sustainability initiatives and achieve true energy consumption and emission reductions that fully align to our corporate sustainability targets.
- Partner with RCFO Asia-Pacific and other business MDs to develop and drive operational, shared services, procurement and commercial synergies
- Identify, lead and deliver all material investment proposals to the RCFO Asia-Pacific
- Promote and drive delivery of all ‘one dnata’ objectives through the business units
- Analyse and anticipate problematic situations, irregular operations and/or business disruption providing solutions to ensure financial health, business sustainability and growth
- Promote and personally invest (through our Volunteer Day Programme) in dnata4good, our employee-driven initiative that recognises the communities we serve by supporting charities and community development projects that align with our charitable pillars
- Live and champion dnata’s Environment Sustainability Framework, meeting our commitment to our three priority focus areas; to reduce emissions, consume responsibility and protect wildlife & habitats
- Execute public speaking and representational appearances in a professional manner, fitting dnata’s brand values and business strategy
- Bachelor’s degree plus a relevant post-graduate professional qualification or equivalent experience
- Proven track record of exceptional performance and service delivery in a GSE fleet management (or equivalent/adjacent sector e.g logistics) leadership role, including leading a team of senior, experienced professionals working across multiple product lines.
- Having direct and full P&L ownership and experience of a comparable size and complexity of business, including working knowledge of relevant aspects of the Finance discipline (such as budgeting, procurement, ownership/leasing models, asset economic life-cycle etc)
- Bringing an established and mature professional network, reputation and personal (personable) brand
- Aviation experience preferred but not a pre-requisite.