dnata Airport Services is a globally recognised brand within the aviation industry. dnata have successfully won the ground handler of the year award for the last eight consecutive years. dnata Australia is based in all major cities across Australia with the head office located in Sydney.
Reporting to the Finance Director you will lead and mentor and develop a team and be ultimately responsible for statutory and management reporting across all areas of accounting and finance. Liaising with external providers for tax and other reporting you will ensure rigour in the financials, reporting, and all compliance matters.
This Senior Finance Role will oversee all facets of the financial performance, including but not limited to, reporting, accounting policy framework adherence, capital management and financial system maintenance as well as assisting with budgeting and forecasting, analysis as required.
This role effectively supports both the day-to-day financial administration, but also contributes to the overall longer term strategic goals of the business. You will also be responsible for integrating the cabin service Australia brand run by a separate accounting team into one cohesive team and reporting process.
- Lead, develop and coach a high performing team (matrix, offshore or outsource) to provide high quality, value-adding financial and accounting information, advice, and support to a range of stakeholders
- Ownership of all consolidated weekly / monthly reporting, managing timeframes and providing in-depth variance analysis
- Ensure accurate financial reporting and ownership of the balance sheet ensuring it is fairly stated.
- Identify business risks and proactively manage these within a strategic framework, demonstrating insight and knowledge of the marketplace and drivers within the industry
- Responsible for overall Balanced scorecard reporting across group performance against targeted KPI benchmarks, including contract performance set by the customer, group executive, group finance & financial processes
- Provide leadership and coordination of the finance function for the three lines of business – cargo, ground handling and cabin cleaning
- Provide Commercial & Financial oversight
- Business partnering with the lines of business and broader operational management team
- Provide stable and consistent financial advice and leadership to the organisation
- Responsible for generating dnata board reporting, including analysis of monthly results & insights, quarterly, half yearly & annual financial results
- IT Finance leadership. Responsible for maintaining and evolving system financial processes and reporting.
- Analyse business performance on a regular and ad-hoc basis to provide senior stakeholders with reports, analysis and advice on the impact of key financial and non-financial drivers and opportunities for improved performance
- Provide insights to improve business performance at a site and group level, as well as drive efficiencies within all CAPEX & OPEX
- Develop Cash flow forecasts and reporting, with integration into overall reported results
- Overall responsibility for financial system enhancements and maintenance within ERP
- Ensure financial governance systems are fit for purpose and monitoring framework adherence and delivery
- Continue to develop management information and reporting systems facilitating a better understanding of the costs and revenues impacting on the business and function by adopting an open, consultative and team-based approach
- Advising the FD Australia, you will assist the budgeting, forecasting and planning processes as required
- Role model dnata values: safety and security, performance driven, delighting customers, imagination, respect, and service excellence.
- Contribute to a safety-first environment and work within Workplace Health and Safety policies, procedures, and guidelines at all times.
- Have complete understanding of and adhere to dnata policies and procedures.
- Carry out additional duties as may be reasonably requested by Senior Management.
- Motivate and inspire team members by creating an environment oriented to trust, open communication, creative thinking, and cohesive team effort.
- Demonstrated success in a similar role
- Relevant professional accounting qualification - Required
- Relevant post graduate management qualification - Preferred
- A proven Finance Leader that can demonstrate the ability to drive change and transformation, ideally in a manufacturing or logistics organisation
- Recent previous experience in a customer facing finance & commercial role at a senior level
- Proven stakeholder management experience with a high level of interpersonal and relationship management skills including influencing, consultation, liaison, negotiation as well as oral and written communication skills
- Prior experience of leading and developing a large professional team operating in an environment of organisational change and a continuous improvement process
- Extensive knowledge of the strategic commercial and financial issues facing a large complex service/logistics business including an understanding and interpretation of business drivers as they impact business performance
- Experience with Sage 300 ERP system (beneficial) and BI reporting tools (essential)
- Prior experience in designing & improving existing analysis tools and reporting within a division
- Exceptional skill in analysing financial performance and provision of financial, accounting and commercial advice for all levels of management in a large and highly diverse organisation – acting as Senior Business Partner
- Prior experience in a financial hands-on leadership position with a “sleeves rolled up” approach
- Extensive knowledge of financial and accounting standards, generally acceptable accounting principles and Legislation relevant to financial management & administration.
- Previous exposure to remote, offshore, outsource, shared services provision beneficial
In addition to a generous salary offer, you will be joining a fantastic and collaborative culture with the opportunity to be mentored by an experienced and passionate leadership and Leadership Team. You will be able to make a real difference as the company utilising its strong, existing platform for ongoing growth.